Friday, November 30, 2007

JOHN LAWS LAST RADIO PROGRAM



Today I listened to John's last radio program with
deep emotion. All the people ringing up on his
show, saying "don't go" and what a wonderful
voice you have, we are going to miss you very
much. It was a very entertaining show with some
funny moments...and so on...I actually tried to phone
many times, and finally got thru. However I didn't
get the chance to speak to him personally, even
though the lady I spoke to on 2UE...said she will
call me back. That did not happen...there were so
many calls, as well as his web page, was swamped.
So you see, he is a very much loved person.
I was going to speak about my days at Channel 9
Bandstand, the days he showed his Gun Collection,
and his beautiful singing voice. I met John Laws
at Channel 9, and found him a very charming
gentleman...
Hopefully I will find a photo of him to put on my
Blog.....In the early days he was known as LONG
JOHN .....I wanted to tell him "when I saw you
in the corridors of Channel 9, I was merely a
shadow....wanting to speak...but didn't. "WHY?"
Maybe at the time I was shy.


Friends from the Banstand Days....

3 comments:

e.j.kicken said...

I am a John Laws Fan.
Thank you for your posting

regards, ?

e.j.kicken said...

e.j.kicken

What are you doing?
e.j "Well I thought i'd start with
something...since I am a fan.
We go back many years....
and after all, it was his last radio show, so I thought someone would comment."

ha ha ha...now you please comment?

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.