Friday, November 2, 2007


Receive the fruit of the Rose.
If you smell a Rose...isn't lovely.....We all identify to a smell...My Grand mother loved the smell of the Gardenia...a beautiful white flower... Every time I see it or smell it it reminds me of her.
Before I arrived in Holland for the first time ...my Aunty (Tante Vera, for you Dutch people)
had a very strong smell of Gardenia...it was like a message to her..."Warning..Ellen is Coming"
No seriously, when my Aunty told me the story....it gave me goose bumps...the message was we had to connect....

2 comments:

Janelle said...

Hello Ellen, Just dropped by quickly as I really must go to bed....very late and have to work in the morning, well actually all day....Grrr.

It is funny how we associate smells with people.....I wonder why?

Have a great weekend and take care.
Elle

e.j.kicken said...

Hi Elle,
Thankyou for your comment,I must admitt I stay up late at night and then sleep in, if I don't have any appointments.

Smell can be an interesting subject, I can't stand bad smells, such as food gone off...I can get very sick.

You also have a great weekend.

Love, Ellen